Main Forum

Accepted The Assassination

6 replies
+1's:
+2
Untagged users
Storyline Part 1:

In Character Backstory:

Panic, confusion and fear runs amok inside the Republic. The famous Senator Akshy "The Generous" Ma'undi has been assassinated by an unknown party only leaving behind one clue, a DC-15A. The Republic managed to run the serial numbers and tracked it down to a big Gun Running ring that is currently wanted by the Republic.

The Republic send down its clone army to try and get information out of them.

Map:

Nar Shaddaa

Enemies - Health - Amount:

1 x Gun runner lieutenants (HP - 2000) || 2 x Gun runner 2nd lieutenants (HP - 1750) || 7 x Gun runner soldier (HP - 1500)

Side Characters (if applicable):

1 x Gun runner leader (HP - 2000)

In Character Objectives (For republic):

- (PRIMARY) Negotiate with the Gun runners to get information on who purchased the blaster

- (SECONDARY) Arrest the Gun runner leader

Out of Character Execution:

- Briefing in base

- (MAP CHANGE TO NAR SHADDAA)

- Briefing in HQ

- Clones go to the Gun Runner's hideout

- Negotiations begin

- OS tries to capture the leader during negotiations

- OS Fails

- Gun runners attack Clones

- OS captures the leader

- OS Interrogates the leader, gaining the information on who bought the blaster

- Shootout continues until Event Planner chooses to stop Gun runner respawns

- DB in HQ

- Map change to Unity, Rishi etc.

- END EVENT

Storyline Part 2:

In Character Backstory:

The Republic now has the information on who assassinated the Senator. The Republic tracks down the feared and deadly Sith, [WHO EVER PLAYS THE SITH] to a CIS base in Mustafar. The Clone Army is deployed swiftly to arrest the Sith and take down the CIS base.

Map:

Mustafar

2 x Jedi Hunter Droid (HP - 1750) || 6 x B1 Battle Droids (HP - 1250) || 2 x Commando Droids (HP - 1500)

1 x Sith [WHOEVER PLAYS THE SITH] (HP - 2500)

- (PRIMARY) Arrest Sith [WHOEVER PLAYS THE SITH]

- (SECONDARY) Clear all the droids out of the base

- Briefing in Base

- MAP CHANGE TO MUSTAFAR

- Briefing on the landing pad

- Clones assault the base

- Jedi look for the Sith

- Jedi and Sith battle until the Sith is low and concedes to defeat and is arrested

- Shootout continues until Event Planner chooses to stop droid respawns

- DB on the landing pad

- END EVENT

Storyline Part 3:

In Character Backstory:

The Republic has the Sith in cuffs and are ready to hand out his punishment, then he confesses that there was an accomplice, and that he is going off the grid very soon. The Republic scramble their troops to go and capture him on Rhen Var.

Map:

Rhen Var

4 x Mercenary (HP - 1500) || 4 x B1 battle droid (HP - 1250) || 2 x Jedi Hunter Droid (HP - 1750)

1 x Mercenary leader (HP - 2000)

- (PRIMARY) Capture the accomplice

- Briefing in Base

- MAP CHANGE TO RHEN VAR

- Briefing on Rhen Var

- After Briefing a transport ship is spotted by CE, they then go and shoot it down (NO ONE DIES)

- Clones assault the crashed ship

- Shootout until the leader is captured

- DB on Rhen Var

- The two assassins are publicly executed after DB

- END EVENT
Posted Jan 24, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 25, 19 by Hypo
Bear- EVENTPLANNER
+1's:
+37
REGULAR
These seems like a good idea and one I would definitely love to play of executed well
giphy-downsized-large.gif
Posted Jan 26, 19
iamTheo MODERATOREVENTPLANNER
+1's:
+28
REGULAR
+1

Ok, so this event is a pretty basic and standard event, with that some added elements. Good idea could turn into a good event if executed properly. And who doesn't love public executions.
Current Ranks:
SWRP Moderator
SWRP Event Planner
91st Commander
Jedi Padawan

Previous Ranks:
SWRP Event Planner
Battalion Officer
CE Commander
Temporary 501st Commander
CT Colonel
GM Private

76561198103871384.png
Posted Jan 26, 19
+1's:
+2
Untagged users
*BUMP*
Posted Jan 28, 19 · OP
+1's:
+2
Untagged users
+1
-Seems like a fun event
-Should be pretty simple to set up
Posted Jan 29, 19
Holo PLATINUM-VIP
+1's:
+7
(First of all thank you for submitting such a interesting Story-line Hypo its really nice to see narrative driven story-lines that can be expanded and deployed as both Passive RP and actual combat.)

If i were to do this event i would split it into 3 separate events (As you suggested) taking the three planetary slots for a day and doing lots of Passive RP in-between each planetary to build momentum and mutual feeling among st the server that this gunning ring is something we've been looking for a while.

There are a few extra characters/changes i would like to be a part of the event chain just to smooth things out and transition the events nicely if i had permission starting with:

Republic Admiral (Passive RP only)
Main job would be to be there when OS interrogate (only if they do it on base and not after event) and to direct regiments involved and guide them towards the information we need to push to the next big planetary, If people don't RP in a way that helps the event progress he/she can pick up "information" either from his spy network or off the bodies of captured hostiles that OS didn't extract all the information out of.

Hologram Recording of the Senators death (Start of the whole thing)
Republic Admiral will come and land on base and use the SIM room to setup a Hologram Recording and role-play out the entire assassination of the Senator as sort of a prologue to this epic story. It would require some good role-players but i think it will set the scene and let everyone on the base know what they're fighting for instead of second-hand information from the Battalion.
(for the roles involved it would require the senator and a assassin and maybe a little brawl could happen after he gets assassinated, The assassin gets shot and accidentally drops his weapon which is the DC-15A in the story.)

Hostile HP
I noticed that pretty much all hostiles in the event really don't have that much hp and could be solo'd by a trooper which isn't bad in itself but will cause the event to end a lot faster and make the E-P in charge of this rush to the next spawn position which could harm the event so i would suggest giving each of them the normal HP they spawn with and any role that is a higher rank like the Lieutenants for example more health. Because of the WiltOS system the Sith/Jedi Hunter Droids will be one-hit so they need a colossal boost to HP almost ranging in the 50,000 depending on how many Jedi are online at the time.

Add an extra piece of information/bait
I like the idea of the Mercenary Leader being the accomplice and we have to find all the people responsible for the senators death but i think we should add a sense of urgency/panic to the very last part like something along the lines of the Mercenary Leader having republic secrets from the Senator when he was assassinated which could inflict damage on the Republic's Reputation/Economy which makes catching this Mercenary all the more vital.

Those are the changes i would do if i were to do this event as E-P. (With permission of course, I apologize for the big reply but this event has a pretty good concept and would love to take the three planetary events for a day to attempt to do this.)

Anyway,

+1

(If its accepted i would love to be the host of it!)
Posted Jan 30, 19 · Last edited Jan 30, 19 by Holo
Thread +1
List
Undo
Frisby EVENTMANAGER
+1's:
+47
REGULAR
Thread Closed
Hypo is an event planner so he can do this if he so pleases. but besides from that it's a pretty solid event and with what Holo mentioned would make it even better. Thank you for the suggestion anyway.
Posted Mar 9, 19
Top Posters
1410 Posts
1381 Posts
Kleis PLATINUM-VIP
1157 Posts
A$AP Juaniga™ PLATINUM-VIP
1104 Posts
Extreme CO-FOUNDER
1066 Posts
1000 Posts
943 Posts