Main Forum

Accepted Hans Freitag - Staff Application

4 replies
Hans Freitag SENIOR-MODEVENTPLANNER
+1's:
+18
REGULAR

RP Character name/s:
Hans Freitag. During events I use other names if it's a non German event.

Steam Name: Dennis 데니스

Steam ID (https://steamidfinder.com/): STEAM_0:0:50952938

Age when applying: 25 years old.

What country do you currently reside in? What is your time-zone?:
The Netherlands, CET

Can you speak and type English fluently?: Yes, I can.

Current total game-time on the server (type utime_enable 1 in the console if you can't see your game time):
5 weeks and 5 days.

IC Rank(s) & OOC Donation Rank(s) on WW2-NRP:
In-Character rank: Gestapo Krimineloberassistent, Ministerialdirektor der Finanzen, 4.SS Unterscharführer and OOC: Platinum VIP + PAC3.

Do you own a working microphone? When you communicate do you type or speak?:
Yes, I use my microphone quite often, unless too many people are talking at once. During sits, I would prefer writing to avoid miscommunication between all parties.

When did you join the server? Have you taken any breaks since?:
I joined the server at the end of June 2018 and I played many hours till September where I had to stop playing due to internet problems. In October I picked up the game again when the problems were solved and I haven’t taken any breaks since.

How often do you use our Teamspeak 3 server and our forums?:
I use TeamSpeak 3 daily. I check forums every day and post when needed.

List of all previous RP server staff experience:
None, this would be my first experience.

Staff that would recommend you?(They will be asked to verify):
Marco Belfolzo, Ryszard Altenberg, Hanz Hoffmann, Tony Vendetta, Heinrich Weene and Heinrich Hartgas.

State your previous OOC punishments (bans, kicks etc.) Also include a
screenshot of your list of warns. (Go in game and type !warns. Upload it
to
http://imgur.com/ or as a steam community screenshot and include the link): https://imgur.com/Gfn0SEK

I have been warned verbally a few times here and there within the weeks of playing on the server.

State the role of staff on the server: The staff role is in place to enforce people to follow the rules on the server. They make sure the rules are being followed, but the staff members have another task at hand. Which is that the new and returning players on the server are actually roleplaying instead of being in complete minges and play Serious. The event planner/manager is in charge of events and brings variety in RP. PassiveRP is also encouraged by the staff.

Give some historical context about the time the server is set in (75 words+):
The server is set in the middle of World War 2 the year is 1943. The location is set in Berlin – Germany. The Nazi Party is the biggest party in Germany and it shows. They use everything at their disposal to keep control. The Wehrmacht is in constant battle with the Allied powers which include (The Russians, British, and Americans). Germany’s Wehrmacht together with Waffen-SS is starting to lose control on the Eastern Front due to supply shortages. The losses start to be too heavy and armies of the Wehrmacht get demolished, have to retreat or surrender. The Western Front is in full control of the Third Reich. Schutzstaffel is in place to protect the Führer against any attack. They are the elite unit of Nazi Germany. Reich Main Security Office under the direct control of Heinrich Himmler the Reichsführer, they protect the Third Reich against any enemy that opposes the Reich. From within and outside the borders of Germany.

Have you read the server rules and are familiar with them?
Yes.

Have you read the punishment list (
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Tjvq7UmI4zlOc0T48jGOJjfMu_B-_m86iEyr1vfwpL4/edit ) and are familiar with it? Yes.

Former Staff Questions (Leave these blank if you have not been staff on our server before):

Explain how you would handle these scenarios as a staff member:

1) You are told by a player in admin chat that another player is randomly killing people: I claim the sit, and I would TP to the player who made the Admin request. Teleport the requester or drag the requester of the sit to an available roof. Hear out his side of the story and teleport the suspect of RDM to the roof and hear his side as well. My next course of action is to check the logs and also chatlogs because it could be a raid or counter. If it is his first offense/new player I would give him Tier I warn for RDM. If however he already has been warned before for the same offense he will get a Tier II (1-day ban) which is the right course of action. In both cases, I also redirect the rulebreaker to read the rules of our server.

2) You are asked by a player about how to become a Third Reich official: I would teleport to the player and explain that he can either join the 7th SS or 23rd by doing /policecadet or /armycadet. The 7th SS being the Police of Berlin and the army protecting from Foreign attacks. If he wants to know more about the secondary jobs within both regiments I would tell him that the Wehrmacht has FG the military police and Police have Gestapo and SD. If he has any other questions afterwards I answer those too.

3) You catch somebody not performing RP and that are messing around: I will use my physgun on him and set him a roof, give him a verbal warning and if I see the same person messing around not roleplaying again I will give him a FailRP or NITRP warn. depending on the case and what he did. However if he has little experience or is a new player he will get a Tier I. If it is a more experienced player they will get a Tier II.

4) Somebody acquires a rank but is not willing to RP with it properly: I would TP him to a roof and explain to the person in question that he has to roleplay like his rank or take him to his superiors and talk about what the suspect has done at first I would leave it to the CO if he wants to give him a demotion. If it continues and no actions have been taken, I would personally demote him and failRP warn too.

5) A player is prop spamming:
Permaban him no doubt about it. This hurts the performance of the server and which results in worse experience for other players.

Answer the following questions in detail:

1) Explain the difference between Tier I rule-breaking and punishments and Tier II rule-breaking and punishments: Tier I is where misunderstandings, new players and accidents in rule-breaking fall under. Tier II is received by players when they interntional rule break, already have gotten a tier I or have been received a verbal warning before hand. Tier II is in place to give players some time to think about their mistakes. Tier I and verbal is here to warn players to no thread further into rule-breaking.

2) Explain the difference between IC and OOC. Also define Meta Gaming: In-Character is when you use the information only available to your character. Memories you might have over the long career you took part in. What your character sees. What he hears around him. Group chat. Public information from chat. Out of Character is when your character has nothing to do with the information. Tab menu is a good example of OOC because your character has not met all the players in-game.

3) Explain the difference between Serious RP and Semi-Serious RP:
Serious RP is where you stay IC and act like your character, you don't randomly address each other by steam name or real life name. You follow the Code of Conduct or start talking about OOC information. Semi-Serious RP is when you have situations where you address your superiors by just his first name. You can talk more freely about in-game situations that happened before.

4) Define PassiveRP and explain it's role and importance in a serious RP gamemode: PassiveRP is roleplaying where you're your character. In my case that would be a Gestapo Agent and I would RP as the Gestapo Agent. German Citizens roleplay as Citizen and are to follow the laws set by NSDAP. They report crime commited by evil roles. Resistance and Mafia roleplay as evildoers.

5) Define the term of Combat Baiting: Combat baiting is the situation where you try to provoke the other party into combat. They can do this in multiple ways. By saying they’re resistance in front of SS or Wehrmacht. Taking out their weapons in front of government buildings and start shooting around the area. Saying Anti-Reich propaganda in front of Reich officials to make them try to arrest them and take out your weapon and start shooting at the officers. So they don't have to roleplay and can just shoot at Reich Officials. It's failRP to combat bait it ruins passive RP for a lot of players when you do this.

Have you added the Owner on Steam? If not, add him:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/uncodex

Have you added the Co-Owner on Steam? If not, add him:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/paul514/

Have you added the Head-Administrator on Steam? If not, add him:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197986868291/

Have you added the Head-Moderator on Steam? If not, add him:

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198160072122

I have all of them in my friend list except for Josef.

Explain in length and detail as to why you deserve staff more than other
applicants. Explain what you will bring to the staff team & your
strongest points as a person/potential staff member (200+ words):
Firstly when I joined the server I had my fair share of problems. It was my first time experiencing RP. I had a rough time following the RP tasks of a regiment. A week on the server in and I started to learn more and more about how to roleplay it got addictive. Started playing many hours and made many friends over the course of months. By this time most players within the community got to know me. I care for the community and at times I feel helpless when I encounter rulebreakers when I play. It hurts my Passive RP experience and this feels like my next step to help the community further where I have put effort and time in. To use the knowledge I gained over the total amount of playtime on the server. To guide the new players where needed. At certain moments staff is too busy to respond which frustrates me. One of the reasons I apply is to help the current staff with their tasks. The other is as said before I love the passiveRP experience and community on the server. I want to improve the passive RP with my own hands, I will bring the staff team my loyalty to serve the community the RP experience they deserve. A minus poin of myself is that I can become agitated when minges press all my buttons but even after all that I will be a fair judge. Kind to others when they in need of assistance. I advice all players to not break the rules and roleplay when I see players minge around before I report them.

Do you understand that you can be demoted at anytime with a sufficient reason by a Hierarchy member?:
Yes, I do understand this.
Advocate of WW2 RP.

ϟϟ-Obersturmführer
Posted Jan 8, 19 · OP
Thread +1
List
Undo
Gerhard Roßbach PLATINUM-VIPPAC-3
+1's:
+36
REGULAR
I’m not kind of a person who should reply to this kind of applications, but I must say that Hans is a excellent person, I have gone thought some answers and they seem ok to me. He does deserve a chance to showcase his skills in staffing. +1
(Replying on a phone is pure aids)
Posted Jan 9, 19 · Last edited Jan 9, 19 by Gerhard Ro...
+1's:
+41
REGULAR
Untagged users
Even though I recommended you I am still gonna give this application a reply on why I decided to actually recommend you for staff

-You are a very active member and I can see you playing on the server for long periods of time. Sometimes even at night when it's not that active and usually a lot rule breaking happens, but I have never seen you break rules at those times

-Now reading your application shows me you know most of the basic stuff and you actually put effort into your application which is great. Some of the answers can always be fixed with a little bit of mentoring

-I have known you for a while now and you have served mostly near my ranks (In the SS/RSHA) and saw that you have some good potential. You usually try to be very friendly to other people when I claim a sit you requested as you don't accuse the player of how he did wrong instead you stay calm and you also try to help and tell what he did wrong and by that, that shows me some detication and also you willing to help other people and being a staff member would greatly improve your limits to do that

-You are also very active on Teamspeak as I see you there everyday I also go on and your forum activity has increased

Anyway that's it. Good luck on your application!

-
Weene
Posted Jan 9, 19
[WW2] Hanz Hoffmann ADMINPLATINUM-VIPPAC-3
+1's:
+40
REGULAR
+1

I've told you to apply for staff probably one or two months ago and I'm glad that you're finally applying.

You've been one of the most dedicated members of the community, you cared about RP, you reported anyone who were breaking rules. You've been very active on forums, server and team speak. Lastly, you are very honest. One thing I remember very well is when I was interviewing you for Gestapo and at the end when I asked you if you'd rather SD or Gestapo, you said that you'd rather SD but also okay with Gestapo. After that, from steam messages, you said that "I've fucked it up at the last part right" and I've actually said if you've changed your mind, I can say that you rather be in Gestapo but you said no and said that this is an OOC situation and I don't want to use OOC in an IC situation and wanted me to tell Ryszard (Sturmbannführer) the stuff you said word by word. This not only shows your care in RP, it also shows how honest you are which is a very important trait to have

About your application, it's very well made, well written, rich and detailed. However I can see two mistakes. First one being the OOC and IC explanation. The explanations are good but the question also asks what metagaming is but I'm pretty sure you are aware of what it is since you are in Gestapo. The definition for the PassiveRP can be improved as well, PassiveRP is mostly CivilianRP, it's the RP that is, well, not aggressive. Examples can be like, opening a coffee shop, selling newspapers, RP'ing as a lawyer and such. But in overall, your application was really well made.

I am really glad that you've finally applied. You'd be a great addition for the staff team.

Best of lucks!
Posted Jan 10, 19
Thread +1
List
Undo
Paul OWNERForum Staff
+1's:
+358
ROYAL
Accepted
You have been an active and caring player, spending an extensive amount of time on our Server and our Community in general. You have distinguished yourself for being respectful of the Server Rules, as in 5 weeks of playtime you have not received a single warning. Contact me or the Server Owner on Teamspeak3 to get interviewed.
EK9GJWE.gif
Posted Jan 10, 19
Top Posters
1412 Posts
1377 Posts
Kleis PLATINUM-VIP
1157 Posts
A$AP Juaniga™ PLATINUM-VIP
1105 Posts
Extreme Gamer CO-FOUNDER
1017 Posts
1000 Posts