Main Forum

Pac 3 Abuse

8 replies
+1's:
+1
Untagged users
I was pulled aside by Geoff for PAC abuse, and agreed not to use certain PAC s which he classified as 'PAC Abusing'
The rules are different for every staff member, and each one has a different viewpoint on what classifies PAC abuse. Of course, some things are obvious, but i'd like to know what EXACTLY the rules are for PAC, because I paid for it and I know i'm not going to get a refund if I lose it.

Here are some samples:
Screenshot_21_1546532948.jpg
This is my regular PAC ^
Screenshot_22_1546532983.jpg
This is the same PAC when I turn on my flashlight ^

These PACs are what Geoff pulled me aside for. ^

Please let me know the rules, and which ones are appropriate.

*EDIT* I also think some of these are appropriate as long as they aren't overused. As long as I agree to use them scarcely, would that allow them to be usable?
Posted Jan 3, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 3, 19 by papaabar
nathantimms MODERATORPLATINUM VIPPAC-3
+1's:
+11
REGULAR
Platinum VIP
PAC-3
anything which earrapes or changes your model in anyway counts as PAC3 Abuse, also Geoff is the Co-Owner i would just listen to what he said about them.
Posted Jan 3, 19
Pie MODERATORPLATINUM VIP
+1's:
+16
REGULAR
Platinum VIP
What most people which call pac abuse are :
Ear rape
Chanigng all or most the model
Changing the role of the model
Large use of particles or effects
(There may be more)

That comes under large amount of particle or effects so it could warnt a warn but it really depends on the staff member
Posted Jan 3, 19
Thread +1
List
Undo
Frisby SENIOR-ADMIN
+1's:
+35
REGULAR
Senior Admin
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what pie said really

PAC should be used to give your RP character some personality (E:G adding Armor pieces or equipment on to your model) It should never be used to change your model or anything to break immersion entirely.
Somethings are ignored as it doesn't serve to annoy anyone or ruin other players experiences on the server.
Really just use some common sense and think about "if I used this PAC would it make sense in the context of the server? " if NOT then it's likely going to be seen as PAC abuse
Posted Jan 3, 19
Puggo SWRP S-ADMIN
+1's:
+54
WELL KNOWN
SWRP Super-Admin
this just screams a whole lotta autism. but yeah pretty much what has been said by other people is valid, that was pac abuse.
ece56cf9e4f5fad2dc3761bcce2fcf7e.gif
Posted Jan 3, 19
Skull ADMIN
+1's:
+54
WELL KNOWN
Admin
Use common sense. I don't think it is rp friendly to have an akatsuki robe and breathing fire as a clone. Adding robotic arms, kamas, capes and small details on your clone armor or jedi robes are understandable. But having all those particle effects it's not really acceptable. And that 8 year old "son". Well clones can't have children can they? So yeah, just think of "If I was a clone/jedi would it make sense for me to have that?" and you shouldn't have any more troubles.
giphy.gif
Posted Jan 7, 19
+1's:
+184
FAMOUS
Online on Site
Untagged users
ew what is this weebery

In all seriousness, if you don't know what's PAC abuse and what isn't, you shouldn't be making PACs.
Spoiler: ...Show
Posted Jan 7, 19
Vic PAC-3
+1's:
+3
PAC-3
To be fair, wearing anything through PAC that is not from the SW universe or having things like: top hats (on your trooper helmet), cigars (with your trooper helmet), monocles (with your trooper helmet) tails, jukeboxes on your back is downright immersion breaking.
1544687824.jpeg
Posted Jan 10, 19
Thread +1
List
Undo
+1's:
+3
Untagged users
I agree with Vic, back when i bought PAC I was told that I can add to my model, but I couldnt change my model, it basically means that under all the things that you wear in PAC, it still has to be the base model you start with, add some grenades, a knife, or some guns on your back, but the moment people put stuff in that is COMPLETELY out of the star wars context, it ruins it a bit. (Lmao not gonna say his name but my god the guy with the Multi Color Flashing tophat should stop.)
Posted Jan 15, 19
Thread +1
List
Undo
Top Posters
1412 Posts
1368 Posts
Kleis RSHAElite VIP+
1147 Posts
A$AP Juaniga™ SENIOR-ADMINPLATINUM VIP
1100 Posts
Extreme Gamer CO-FOUNDERForum Staff